Our History

Casa Calabria is one of 22 restaurants owned and operated by members of the Johnson, Barbiere and Fernandez families. Located throughout Wisconsin and Northern Michigan, the first of the family restaurants was opened in 1956 in Milwaukee by Tony Barbiere and Al Fernandez. Since then, 21 other restaurants have been added to this unaffiliated chain, with the most recent location opened in 2009 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Casa Calabria and the Villa Capri in Marquette and Mama Mia's in Ishpeming along with the other 19 restaurants in Wisconsin have continued offering customers superb Italian food and service for over 53 years. Serving Southern Italian food using recipes developed by our families, the Casa has become known for its signature dishes, our most popular menu item, lasagna, our famous meat sauce, a varied assortment of steak and chicken dishes and our baked fresh daily garlic bread. Casa Calabria has always believed in giving back to our community. The Casa is proud to have supported many charitable causes and programs over the past 28 years.

We thank all of our customers for helping us in supporting our community
and for providing over 500 jobs for Marquette area residents since 1981.